The bitfury chips have been soldered by hand on the PCBs by a professional company. It was impposible for me to do it my self. Picked them up this morning, fitted two different type of coolers (old CPU coolers) on 2 boards. Put 12V on the board and the bright blue/white led lighted up! that’s good, no blinking red light. Bad news is… I don’t have any micro USB B cables at home ! Aaarrrgh. I ordered some but they will probably arrive on wednesday or so… no OC-ing today 🙁
130 Bitfury chips arrived today ! Thanks to BitcoinValet for a perfect groupbuy on bitcointalk.org
Monday I will try to get 9 Bitfury chips on my Hashbuster Micro boards. Wish me luck 🙂
Today I received two Bitmine A1 sample chips. Now we only need a design for a PCB 🙂 Or maybe setup something with The Wasp Project Collective. Anyway I have great plans in mind.
Update April 12th: Plans have changed, I am not going to use the A1 in a project.
two A1 chips are for SALE for only 0.17 BTC which includes free worldwide shipping.
Update June 20th: Chips are SOLD
- Developed on 28nm HPP process from Global Foundries
- Custom IC package with power bars for low voltage, high current feeding
- Configurable in daisy chain mode for distributed work with up to 253 ASICs.
- Standard SPI interface
- Hashing power* of 20 GH/s in low power, 25 GH/s in nominal and up to 33 GH/s in Turbo mode
- Power usage* of 0.35 W/GH in low power, 0.6 W/GH in nominal and 1 W/GH in Turbo mode
- Supply voltage* of 0.65V in low power, 0.765 V in nominal and 0.85 V in Turbo mode
* Please note that while we took the highest possible care in doing accurate and conservative simulations, the real performances of the final product could vary by a +/- 20% tolerance.
There is a new version cgminer available now, version 3.12.3. Works great with Antminer U1. Just run cgminer with these (extra) options:
--icarus-timing=short --anu-freq 250
Hashrate is around 2 GH/s, I use a standard 12V Fans for some extra cooling.
freq(hex) freq(mhz) ghash/s
0781 200.0 1.600
0801 212.5 1.700
0881 225.0 1.800
0901 237.5 1.900
0981 250.0 2.000
0A01 262.5 2.100
0A81 275.0 2.200
I tried using anu-freq values above 250 but got >50% HW error on all devices.
The ANU 4 Antminer is my faulty one, don’t know why but this one has about 30 to 50% HW errors.
I am mining at D7.LT and today I found a block ! How cool is that 🙂
We ordered two BTMine V1 200GHs miners from China. Shipping was later than promised but last week we got them from UPS. A lot people received th eminer damaged, some even with broken parts. Luckely we received them in good order, in one box 4 loose crews of the case but that’s no problem. Just to sure I removed the cover to check all parts, everything OK as far as I can see. I put them in my basement because they make quiet a lot of noise. I reduced fanspeed but then temperature raised. Now they are hashing at ±32 to 35 degrees with a fanspeed of 2500 to 2800 RPM. This week I will test and tune them some more.
Some pictures of the rigs
There is one for sale here ! ships from the EU, payment in Euro or Bitcoins.
A movie of BTMine hashing