Today I received two Bitmine A1 sample chips. Now we only need a design for a PCB 🙂 Or maybe setup something with The Wasp Project Collective. Anyway I have great plans in mind.
Update April 12th: Plans have changed, I am not going to use the A1 in a project.
two A1 chips are for SALE for only 0.17 BTC which includes free worldwide shipping.
Update June 20th: Chips are SOLD
- Developed on 28nm HPP process from Global Foundries
- Custom IC package with power bars for low voltage, high current feeding
- Configurable in daisy chain mode for distributed work with up to 253 ASICs.
- Standard SPI interface
- Hashing power* of 20 GH/s in low power, 25 GH/s in nominal and up to 33 GH/s in Turbo mode
- Power usage* of 0.35 W/GH in low power, 0.6 W/GH in nominal and 1 W/GH in Turbo mode
- Supply voltage* of 0.65V in low power, 0.765 V in nominal and 0.85 V in Turbo mode
* Please note that while we took the highest possible care in doing accurate and conservative simulations, the real performances of the final product could vary by a +/- 20% tolerance.