Some new gadgets, USB Antminer U1 SHA-256 Miner @ 1.6 to 2.6 GHS (with OC). These are not supported yet by the standard miningsoftware, used a modified cgminer, you can get it here: https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1. I put 5 Antminers in a Rosewill 10port Hub, put a 12x12cm Fan in front of it and fired it up. Tested some settings to get the best performance:
./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 --bmsc-freq 0781 -o YOUR POOL URL -u WORKERNAME -p WORKER PASSWORD
with these setting you get stock hashrate of 1600MHs
./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 --bmsc-freq 0881 -o YOUR POOL URL -u WORKERNAME -p WORKER PASSWORD
with these setting you get stock hashrate of 1600 to 1800MHs
./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 --bmsc-freq 0981 -o YOUR POOL URL -u WORKERNAME -p WORKER PASSWORD
with these setting you get stock hashrate of 2000MHs. One strange thing with options 1 Antminer gets very much HW-error, the other 4 work fine.
Please be aware when you overclock them warranty will void (terms of us from the manufacturer) and you always should use proper cooling. The standard factory setting is bmsc-freq 0781.
The USB stick uses 5V 0.5A. Next week more tests.
Update 2014/01/19: I small update on the performance of the Antminer U1. 5 units have been mining from January 6th 2014 until now (January 19th) at miningpool ppcoin.d7.lt In the charts you see some dips but that’s because I turned off and on some devices to configure them an other way or on other hub, etc.
As you can see on the cgminer screenshot 1 Antminer has extreme high Hardware Errors, I don’t know why… and the strange thing is it performs rather well, only 30% less than the other 4. Some day I have to find out why 1 Antminer is “bad”.